Monday, September 10, 2007

WELCOME TO PET BIRD BUZZ!

My first experience at blogging began over 2 years ago with the creation of Birdwatchin' Buzz, a blog dedicated to my interest in backyard bird watching. It 's been fun chatting about various bird watching subjects and also to just write down my wandering thoughts as they relate to my interest in birds. Birdwatchin' Buzz came into being as a result of the first website I built, Birdwatchin.com, which is very much alive with frequent visits from those of us that love the hobby.

I'm not sure why I decided to begin internet projects with the bird watching theme because
exotic pet birds are my truest passion. I love bird watching, too ... but that interest really developed because of the experience of living with pet birds for over 22 years. So one day earlier this year I decided to build another website .... one that is devoted to helping bird lovers provide the best environment and lifestyle for their pets. That's when BirdCagePortal.com was hatched. And that has led to the idea of creating this blog devoted to sharing thoughts and experiences about my life with pet birds and providing opinions about various products offered on the BirdCagePortal website, among other things. So here I am at the beginning of a project that may just carry me through my remaining years, lol. Blogs, by their very nature, are never finished and it will definitely be that way for me.

I'm finding things a bit challenging right now, however, because there is so much to accomplish with these projects that I get a bit overwhelmed now and then. So some of my posts might be on the short side, but that may be good because I have a tendancy to be long-winded at times. Just my nature I guess.

In any event, if you are reading this blog I'd like to extend an invitation to revisit and see what's up. I welcome comments and invite you to share information you believe is important for bird lovers to know ... good and bad. An educated bird lover is empowered to provide the best care for their bird and perhaps even help others improve the lifestyle of their bird. And that's what we all want for these amazing and dearly loved critters, isn't it?



No comments: